Our client is looking for a reliable and dedicated Warehouse Team Lead to join their company located in Brampton, Ontario. Your job will be to support the warehouse management team as well as day to day warehouse activities as a picker/operator.
This role will have you working Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm and flexibility to work overtime especially important at month end/quarter end. At times, the need for overtime comes at short notice and this position requires that individual to be able to accommodate. There is a lot of growth opportunities for the right candidate with a “can-do” attitude!
- Effectively and accurately execute all volume aspects of outbound picking, shipping and receiving, including pallets, cases and unit picking.
- Effectively maintain inventory accuracy through daily cycle counts, with prompt response to any inventory related queries.
- Supervision of all staff under your direct or indirect control.
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior.
- Effectively utilize labour resources to efficiently maintain the volume activities.
- Work closely with Operations Supervisor and Management to ensure site and company policies and procedures are followed.
- Health & Safety compliance in accordance with company policies.
- Liaise with drivers, customers and warehouse personnel.
- Coverage of other team lead and supervisor vacations as required.
- Administration duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- MHE Certified (Reach, Walkie and Dock Stocker or Counterbalance forklift).
- RF experience is mandatory.
- Extensive experience picking, receiving and shipping.
- Ability to excel working in an extremely fast paced environment.
- WMS Tecsys or AS400 experience an asset.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
- Excellent knowledge of overall warehousing process.
- Strong computer skills.
- Exemplary safety record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
I.T.S. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.