As of July 1, 2014, a new regulation requires health and safety awareness training for every worker and supervisor under Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). As an industry leader in Health and Safety, I.T.S. has always done business in a way that meets or exceeds the standards outlined in Bill 160.
A safe, injury and accident-free workplace is our goal. By working closely with our client partners we provide site-specific knowledge and training to ensure a safe working environment for all.
On the road to zero accidents, our best practices include:
• Active membership in Access Safety Groups where standards exceed OHSA requirements
• Consulting with professional associations like WSPS
• Keeping abreast of current trends and legislation
• Formal OHSA training for I.T.S. internal staff
Staff competencies include:
• CHRP designation and/or candidates
• WSIB Benefits/Entitlement Certification
• JHSC Certification
• First Aid
• Post-Graduate & undergraduate HRM Certificates
Participation by all employees and client partners on every job is necessary to achieve the safety excellence our company expects.
Anything less is unacceptable.